It it the eve of the 3000th Harvest Tournament of Pomme and … what’s this? Our Fox and Owl friends have finally returned after being away so long! They’ve also brought back the legendary Airship Kai which holds great knowledge from all nine animal kingdoms, and it still responds to each of our species as well! This calls for extra celebration, indeed! Get ready for the best Harvest in 3000 years, and be prepared to seek like never before!
What Is It & Who Is It For?
This is an expansion for the game My Little Scythe. For more info and thoughts on the base game, you can check out my original review! This adds some simple things such as new seekers, power ups, and quests, as well as the new mechanic of the Airship Kai, which will move when players use their new modified seek actions. There are also airship mats for each kingdom with special abilities, a cargo hold for gems and apples, and another trophy slot, as players now need to reach 5 trophies to win. A nifty addition to the game, I would recommend it to lovers of My Little Scythe looking to keep the game fresh.
Components + Quality
Once again we have gorgeous seeker minis and nice quality cardboard tiles for power ups and tokens for trophies/gadgets. Everything matches the base game nicely. The seek action overlays are average cards; the symbology is consistent and easy to understand. The airship mats are thin, but do match the other player boards well, and the powers on them are well explained. The airship is thin and hollow and comes apart for easy storage. The box is cute, but everything just rolls around in it as there’s nothing holding it in. Most things fit in the base game box well, as that’s how it was designed, but we had a little trouble finding a good place for the airship mats. Overall, some nice quality components, and I appreciate that it’s consistent with the original to make mixing everything together smooth.
- Foxes, yo ❤️
- New mechanic with airship is neat; allows for new strategies
- Bit more variability in power ups and quests
- Like that you can assign airships by animal or randomly for more variety
- Cargo hold is a cool new feature because you can more easily get extra supplies and hang on to them
- Airship movement being determined by number of trophies left for balancing out a leader
- You need to get 5 trophies now, but there’s no new trophy option available, it’s still out of the original 8. I thought it would have been cool to have more options since you need to complete more
- Some airship abilities are far less useful for lower player count games; don’t scale well
- 6 on the airship die seems to negate the “movement based on trophies left,” so I thought it should only be on 1 side of the die rather than 2 so that it felt like more of an epic bonus
This was a cute addition to the original game! I thought it made the game a little easier as far as collecting resources, but also lent itself to some additional strategies with the airship movement and since you needed to complete more trophies. I wouldn’t say it’s a 100% must have, as it doesn’t add a ton to the original, so I’d recommend playing My Little Scythe on its own first. But if you’re already a big fan of the game and want some extras, then it’s definitely worth checking out.
My Final Ratings:
Overall Expansion – 7/10
Aesthetics – 9/10
Difficulty – 3/10
Replayability – 7/10
*I was provided a discounted copy of this game to do this review*
If you like what I do, consider Supporting Me.